Need some help with your writing skills? Here are some tips to get you started.
You already know how to tell a story. You do it when you talk to your friends and family everyday! Don't worry about spelling or grammar - just start by sitting comfortably and writing down your thoughts.
2. Getting inspired
When you can't think of what to write why not ask yourself these questions.
3. Describing people or events
In a story, it is important to describe people and places as much as possible, for example:
- What is the person's name?
- What do they look like?
- What other people thing of them?
- Do they have any hobbies?
- Where is the story set?
- What type of place is it – a small town, a city, a different country?
- Do you like the place? Why?
- Is it day or night, winter or summer?
4. Getting the structure right
Most good stories have a beginning, middle and end. Think about how you would tell the story to your friends. For example, in the beginning you could introduce the people and places. In the middle you could describe something that happened and in the end you could tell the reader how this affected you or other people.
Now all you have to do is start – good luck!